Thursday, December 31, 2009

My Favorites

As I look through the Anthropologie website, I tend to daydream about my future house and what special trinkets I would carefully place in each room.  I cannot stop my creativeness as I look at the beauty of Anthropologie's green leather chair or the uniqueness of their glass and metal cookie jar.  I immediately start looking around my house, finding pictures I can rearrange or putting together a new centerpiece for the kitchen table.  It even causes me to pull out my felt and fabric and sew new hair pins for my daughter and my nieces.  Now if I could only figure out how to sew a shirt or knit a sweater!

Here are some of my favorite things from the current Anthropologie website.  I thought them all too special to keep my remarks to myself.  I love to find beauty in the details as in the dancing couple on the covered bar of soap or the soft floppy ears on the cuddly donkey.  Adding a plaid bow to a group of bracelets is a simple way to give jewelry the perfect balance of casual elegance.  The buttery yellow handbag has the perfect amount of detail by adding a group of small flowers without distracting from the richness of the leather.  I suppose as I enter into my 30's I am veering towards a style of casual elegance.  It might be fun to go through my house and my wardrobe trying to find ways to create this balance.  Here's to finding your own style!

*Click on the picture below to enlarge collage.



2 comments:

  1. Yay! Glad to see you are back :-) I also share a deep love for Anthropologie!! It is pure nostalgia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Renee, you are so lovely. I love your blog! I think you should write for the newspaper and do little articles on things just like you did with this one! I miss you and your family! Hope you're doing great!

    ReplyDelete